Town of Wilbraham
Principal Assessor, Town of Wilbraham
The Town of Wilbraham (Pop 15,000) is located in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, approximately 80 miles west of Boston. Wilbraham is considered a quiet, suburban/rural and safe town which is an ideal place to raise a family. Its schools and recreational opportunities are of high quality.
The position offers a great opportunity to enter the professional field of Massachusetts Real Estate Assessing. The educational qualifications for this position are an Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Urban Planning, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related field; 3-5 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience to acquire strong analytical, finance and property evaluation skills. Membership in the Massachusetts Association of Assessing Officers provided, which offers training and certification as a Massachusetts Accredited Assessor (required within 3 years).
The ideal candidate offers strong interpersonal and public relation skills, ability to prepare valuation schedules, gather, edit and sort sales data, prepare reports, and communicate with tax payers and a variety of professionals regarding property values.
The Town offers a comprehensive benefit package and professional work environment. Salary range is $58,212 to $87,317 DOQ. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, completed town employment application, detailed resume, and three professional references to the Board of Assessors, c/o Herta Dane, HR Coordinator, Town of Wilbraham, 240 Springfield Street, Wilbraham, MA 01095. Applications available online at www.wilbraham-ma.gov. Position open until filled, review of applications begins immediately. EOE, all qualified applicants encouraged to apply.
Town of Wilbraham
Assistant Administrator/Data Collector, Board of Assessors, Town of Wilbraham
The Town of Wilbraham (Pop 15,000) is offering a great opportunity for a motivated administrative professional to take on an important support role in the office of the Board of Tax Assessors. The Town offers a professional work environment, competitive pay ($18.97 to $30.36/hr DOQ), job security, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The ideal candidate for this position offers a two year degree or certificate in finance, paralegal studies, business/administration, statistics or related field, and 3 years of work experience in an office environment with responsibilities for complex data management, record keeping and statistical reporting, administrative duties and customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested candidates are encouraged to complete the town employment application online at www.wilbraham-ma.gov. Deadline for applications is Friday, April 2, 2021, at 4:30 pm
EOE, all qualified applicants encouraged to apply.
Town of Killingly
Notice of Open Position
Town of Killingly seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Assessor.
Primary responsibilities including but not limited to:
- finding, listing, measuring, and valuing all real and personal property in the Town, both taxable and tax exempt.
- Determines the eligibility for abatement programs and exemptions and applies them appropriately.
- Summarizes ownership, values and exemptions into annual abstract/grand list; provides appropriate summary to the eight separate districts in the Town. Reports various claims to the State for reimbursement of revenue losses and provides appropriate information for grants as necessary.
- Conducts field inspections/appraisals of property or reviews/supervises field work of staff and/or revaluation staff.
- Oversees the periodic contract revaluation of property from RFP through a completed project; responsible for the certification of revaluation.
- Maintains all records both manually and by computer as required; maintains database within the Town’s computer assisted mass appraisal system; assists in managing GIS program and updating of on-line web information for both the Town’s web site and information for the on-line mapping link.
- Assists in the coordination of the updating of tax maps to include changed information from other town departments and as the Town’s 911 Coordinator, is responsible for street numbering.
- Coordinator and administrator of State and Town Homeowner’s Programs and Town Freeze Program; as well as the administrator for the State Renter’s Rebate Program.
- Municipal Aircraft Registration Official, responsible for the registration of aircraft and reporting the State of Connecticut.
- Provides information to the Board of Assessment Appeals and prepares information to defend challenged appraisal values in court and otherwise.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Assessor’s Office and staff of two; prepares and administers the department’s budget.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and will have some supervisory experience. A candidate with extensive appraisal education, with at least four years of real and personal property appraisal experience, including the use of a computer assisted mass appraisal system is preferred. Individuals with combinations of education and experience will be considered. A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required. Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor I (CCMA I) professional designation is required, with the expectation that a CCMA II designation will be achieved within three years of hire. Interested candidates must submit their cover letter and resume to the Town Manager’s Office via mail or electronic mail (email@example.com).