City of Melrose
Local 272 Clerical Unit, L-12, 30 hours per week,
Benefit Eligible Minimum Hourly wage is $26.23 per hour
Monday – Thursday 8:30am-4pm and Friday 8:30am – 12:30pm.
Summary: The Assistant Assessor performs skilled valuation work, technical and customer service work assisting the Assessor to carry out the functions of the office; performs all other related work, as required by Massachusetts Law.
1. Assists the Assessor in valuing residential properties and analyzing sales.
2. Makes changes to the Assessing website and GIS viewer.
3. Reviews information from plans and building permits for changes to properties.
4. Maintains records and updates database to maintain accurate assessment records.
5. Verifies records of the Conservation Commission and Board of Appeals to develop and prepare abutters’ lists.
6. Responds to inquiries from taxpayers, brokers and appraisers in person and by telephone.
7. Performs other similar or related duties as required, or as situation dictates.
8. Conducts inspections of new or renovated residential properties; develops floor plan sketches and takes exterior measurements.
Works under the general direction of the Chief Assessor, following department and DOR rules, regulations and policies; works independently to complete assigned tasks according to a prescribed time schedule. Performs varied and responsible functions, requiring a thorough knowledge of departmental operations and the exercise of judgment and initiative, particularly in situations not clearly defined by precedent or established procedures; issues requiring clarification are referred to the Chief Assessor.
Town of Ramapo
Assessor – Full-Time (35+ hours/week) Non-Competitive Appointment Salary Range: $100,000 – $125,000 Number of Parcels: approximately 30,000
Must meet required New York State and Rockland County Civil Service minimum qualifications for the position based on education, relevant work experience or a combination thereof.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
Annually values each parcel of real property; Utilizes and maintains current tax maps and appraisal cards; Attends all hearings of the Board of Assessment Review; Attends the public examination of the tentative assessment roll at times prescribed by law; Receives complaints filed and transmits them to the Board of Assessment Review; Prepares reports of assessment activities as required; Provides school districts within the town a copy of the current pertinent portion of the assessment roll; Reviews and makes determinations with respect to applications for tax exemptions; Supervises and directs workflow of clerical staff and appraisers.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Good knowledge of the theory, principles, practices and laws governing real property valuation and assessment; Ability to make and review arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, municipal officials and other concerned parties; Exhibits integrity and good judgment.
Please submit your resume to Town of Ramapo Personnel Administrator, Linda Condon via email email@example.com
Click on the links below for our affiliate postings