Town of Killingly
Notice of Open Position
Town of Killingly seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Assessor.
Primary responsibilities including but not limited to:
- finding, listing, measuring, and valuing all real and personal property in the Town, both taxable and tax exempt.
- Determines the eligibility for abatement programs and exemptions and applies them appropriately.
- Summarizes ownership, values and exemptions into annual abstract/grand list; provides appropriate summary to the eight separate districts in the Town. Reports various claims to the State for reimbursement of revenue losses and provides appropriate information for grants as necessary.
- Conducts field inspections/appraisals of property or reviews/supervises field work of staff and/or revaluation staff.
- Oversees the periodic contract revaluation of property from RFP through a completed project; responsible for the certification of revaluation.
- Maintains all records both manually and by computer as required; maintains database within the Town’s computer assisted mass appraisal system; assists in managing GIS program and updating of on-line web information for both the Town’s web site and information for the on-line mapping link.
- Assists in the coordination of the updating of tax maps to include changed information from other town departments and as the Town’s 911 Coordinator, is responsible for street numbering.
- Coordinator and administrator of State and Town Homeowner’s Programs and Town Freeze Program; as well as the administrator for the State Renter’s Rebate Program.
- Municipal Aircraft Registration Official, responsible for the registration of aircraft and reporting the State of Connecticut.
- Provides information to the Board of Assessment Appeals and prepares information to defend challenged appraisal values in court and otherwise.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Assessor’s Office and staff of two; prepares and administers the department’s budget.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and will have some supervisory experience. A candidate with extensive appraisal education, with at least four years of real and personal property appraisal experience, including the use of a computer assisted mass appraisal system is preferred. Individuals with combinations of education and experience will be considered. A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required. Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor I (CCMA I) professional designation is required, with the expectation that a CCMA II designation will be achieved within three years of hire. Interested candidates must submit their cover letter and resume to the Town Manager’s Office via mail or electronic mail (email@example.com).
The Civil Service Commission announces the open competitive recruitment for the position of Chief Assessor for the Town of Hamden.
The job description and application are available for download from the Town of Hamden’s website, www.hamden.com or you may request an emailed copy of the application and the job description from Renee Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be mailed to Personnel Department, Hamden Government Center, 2750 Dixwell Ave. Hamden, CT 06518 or emailed to Renee Morgan to email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 @ 4:00 PM.
Click on the links below for our affiliate postings